Rabbit Control Training
This Practical Rabbit Control Course along with its supporting material have been designed and produced by professional training designers in consultation with experienced, qualified Rabbit controllers.
The intensive full one day course is aimed at people who are just starting in rabbit control or those who perhaps have some experience but wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the subject. Whilst giving an overview of all relevant methods of Rabbit control the course concentrates in detail on the subject areas which are most likely to be used. The subjects covered in detail use traditional skills but combine them with modern methods and equipment to give the best possible level of control.
The course which is lead by a professional trainer who is experienced in all of the methods of control is based both in a classroom environment and outdoors. It combines theoretical classroom input with outdoor practical demonstration and where possible active practical learner participation.
The training covers:
- Reasons for Rabbit control.
- Locations for Rabbit control.
- Relevant biology and behaviour of the Rabbit.
- Rabbit reproduction, diseases and predators.
- Law relating to Rabbit control.
- Risk assessment for Rabbit control.
- Overview of Rabbit control methods including:
- Poison (no longer used), Gas, Tunnel collapse, Dogs, Fencing, Habitat modification, Tree guards, Repellents, Stinking out, Shooting, Drop traps, Spring Traps, Cage Traps, Longnets, Drop nets, Ferreting, Snares.
- Detailed input on the use of :
- Spring traps,
- Body grip traps,
- Cage Traps,
- Drop traps,
- Snares (including making modern snares),
- Drop nets.
- Dealing with the catch.
Cost & Requirements
All relevant specialist equipment and materials are provided.
The training content and its location can be tailored for specific requirements by arrangement
There are no specific entry requirements for the course but any individual needs or requirements should be discussed prior to booking.
Learners are provided with training notes on a CD to take away. This includes comprehensive instructions on all of the techniques covered in detail with many photographs and illustrations.
On successful completion learners receive a certificate from AWM Training.
The cost of the course including light lunch and refreshments is £110.00
For dates of courses or to book a place on a course go to the 'Bookings & Dates' page